Sunday, August 14, 2011

Caught Up, Almost Ready!

Its getting so close these days just trying to finish up a couple lose strings and I will be officially a published author. That is where my dream just begins and I can't wait to take this journey. A little set back with being sick but now better I'm on my way again. I have finally finished my full edit and even changed things along the way. No one tells you the publishing part has to be the hardest part of a self published author but it is.

I thought all I had to do was write my book and that was it but when you do your own publishing, you have to write the book, then you have to edit, and if you you decide to get a book cover done you have to pay to have that done. Then you have to set up the interior of your book then after its published you still need to market. I can fully say though I have put my blood, sweat, and tears along with many hours into my master piece.

If I had to do it again though, I do have to say its been a learning experience that I would never take back. I just can't wait for people to read what I have poured my heart into. The dream of seeing my book with my name on it is so close to reality now which means so much. I'm paying for my book cover tomorrow and I just can't wait because then I will start processing my book into CreateSpace, and Amazon Kindle form.

All I have left to do today is finish writing my synopsis, which I promise you is harder than I thought. Then I have put my writing into a book format and I will be ready. I have learned though power words is a must in your synopsis and jsut trying to word it just right is what I'm struggling with. I know you have to think like a publisher and not a author so it does get a bit confusing.

I will be setting up my facebook and twitter sometime today I know that and I hope ya'll do follow me their as well. I hope any of my experiences help someone along the way. This is a journey for me that I have learned from so many people and reading so much online. When I have my book published I plan on listing things, and sites that have helped me along the way and hope ya'll can find comfort and help in all I have used.

I think copyright is the biggest thing I worry about because I know its covered from the first time you write it but then I get scared someone could take it away from me and I just don't think I could deal with that. So many self published authors told me I don't need it, they don't but still scared its my baby.

No comments: